First Responder Scholarships
UMT First Responder Scholarship
The UMT First Responder Scholarship Program is a needs-based scholarship offered to eligible: federal, state, and local police officers, paramedics, emergency medical services personnel, and firefighters.
The UMT First Responder Scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance to students who are not eligible or are not receiving other needs-based grants or scholarships (Pell Grant, etc.) The scholarship awards tuition assistance, reducing the cost per credit-hour from $390 to $250 and waives most fees (e.g., Semester Registration, Change of Program, etc.)
To receive this scholarship, applicants must:
- Complete the UMT Application. The $30 application fee is waived.
- Provide proof of eligibility: Documentation supporting status as a First Responder. This can include: tuition forms, badge number and department, a reference letter on official letterhead from a superior, etc.
- UMT accepts tuition provided through a student’s workplace. Students must be able to provide proper tuition documentation before enrolling in courses.
- Enroll in two or more academic courses per enrollment.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 (undergraduate) or 3.0 (graduate).