Undergraduate Admission Requirements
You need to submit these materials to complete the application process:
- A completed application form (Please complete online at: Online Application
- A current resume
- A non-refundable application fee of $30.00 (Waived for active duty military personnel)
- A non-refundable credit transfer evaluation fee of $30.00 (Waived for active duty military personnel)
- At least one of following documents is required as evidence of completing high school or obtaining
- Official high school transcript
- Notarized copy of high school diploma and final high school transcript with awarded date
- Official General Educational Development (GED) or state equivalent transcript
- Notarized copy of the GED certificate or state equivalent indicating student pass status
- Copy of the "secondary school leaving certificate" or other similar document for students who completed
secondary education in a foreign country
- Official military transcript (Community College of the Air Force or Joint Services)
- Official transcript that indicates the student successfully completed at least 12-credits from an
accredited college or university and high school's name is listed therein
- Official transcript from an accredited college or university two-year program that is acceptable for
full credit toward a bachelor's degree.
- For a homeschooled student from a state where state law requires the student to obtain a secondary
school completion credential for homeschool (other than a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent),
a copy of that credential.
- For a homeschooled student from a state where state law does not require the student to obtain a secondary
school completion credential for homeschool (other than a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent):
a transcript or the equivalent, signed by the student's parent or guardian. Document must list the
secondary school courses the student completed and include a statement that the student successfully
completed, as defined by the state, a secondary school education in a homeschool setting
- Official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended for transfer students (As applicable
including military service.)
- Photo ID – US students: passport or driver's license; International students: passport or other
government issued photo ID
- Three Recommendation and Reference Forms (Optional) (Form can be downloaded here)
- One of following English test scores or records is required for the applicants whose English is not
their native language.
- TOEFL minimum scores of 500 (PBT, Paper Based Test) or 61 (iBT Internet Based Test). UMT's
Institution Code is 7853. Or, 6.0 on the International English Language Test (IELTS) or 44
on the PTE Academic Score Report;
- A minimum grade of Level 3 on the ACT COMPASS's English as a Second Language Placement Test;
- A minimum grade of Pre-1 on the Eiken English Proficiency Exam;
- A minimum B-2 English proficiency level identified within the Common European Framework of Reference
standards and assessed through various ESOL examinations, including the University of Cambridge;
- A transcript indicating completion of at least 30 semester credit hours with an average grade of "C"
or higher at an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Secretary of Education
and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or accepted foreign equivalent that is
listed in the International Handbook of Universities where the language of instruction was English;
- A high school diploma completed at an appropriately accredited/recognized high school (where the medium
of instruction is English).
- Financial Certificate for International Applicants Requiring Form I-20 to study in the United States
as a full-time student. (Form can be downloaded here)
- Original transcripts from institutions which are not in English must be accompanied by a certified
(notarized) English translation.
- An interview may be required, but is not necessary to submit an application.
Prospective students are evaluated for admission as soon as all required documents are received, and
notified as soon as the decision process is completed.
Office of Admissions
University of Management and Technology
1901 Fort Myer Drive, Suite 700
Arlington, VA 22209-1609
Phone: (703) 516-0035
Fax: (703) 516-0985
| Contact Us |
Copyright © 1998-2017 University of Management and Technology (UMT) |
Consumer Information Disclosure