Graduate Admission Requirements
You need to submit these materials to complete the application process:
- A completed application form (Please complete online at: Online Application
- A current resume
- A non-refundable application fee of $30.00 (Waived for active duty military personnel)
- A non-refundable credit transfer evaluation fee of $30.00 (Waived for active duty military personnel)
- Official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended. Must include a transcript showing
that a Bachelor's degree or international equivalent was awarded.
- Photo ID – US students: passport or driver's license; International students: passport or other
government issued photo ID
- Three Recommendation and Reference Forms (Optional) (Form can be downloaded here)
- Official GMAT test scores (optional). UMT's Institutional Code is 5592.
- Official GRE scores (optional). UMT's Institutional Code is 5592.
- One of following English test scores or records is required for the applicants whose English is not
their native language.
- TOEFL minimum scores of 530 (PBT, Paper Based Test) or 71 (iBT Internet Based Test). UMT's
Institution Code is 7853. Or, 6.5 on the International English Language Test (IELTS) or 50
on the PTE Academic Score Report (DBA applicants: a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based Test of
English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), or 80 on the Internet Based Test (iBT), a 6.5 on the International
English Language Test (IELTS), or 58 on the PTE Academic Score Report);
- A minimum grade of Level 3 on the ACT COMPASS's English as a Second Language Placement Test;
- A minimum grade of Pre-1 on the Eiken English Proficiency Exam;
- A transcript indicating completion of at least 30 semester credit hours with an average grade of "B"
or higher at an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Secretary of Education
and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or accepted foreign equivalent that is
listed in the International Handbook of Universities where the language of instruction was English.
- Financial Certificate for International Applicants Requiring Form I-20 to study in the United States
as a full-time student. (Form can be downloaded here)
- Original transcripts from institutions which are not in English must be accompanied by a certified
(notarized) English translation.
- An interview may be required, but is not necessary to submit an application.
Prospective students are evaluated for admission as soon as all required documents are received, and
notified as soon as the decision process is completed.
Office of Admissions
University of Management and Technology
1901 Fort Myer Drive, Suite 700
Arlington, VA 22209-1609
Phone: (703) 516-0035
Fax: (703) 516-0985
| Contact Us |
Copyright © 1998-2017 University of Management and Technology (UMT) |
Consumer Information Disclosure