| Consumer Information Disclosure |
Name of Institution: University of Management and Technology
Address:1901 Fort Myer Drive, Suite 700, Arlington, VA 22209-1609
CEO/President:Yanping Chen, PhD
CAO/Academic Dean:J. Davidson Frame, PhD
Accreditation(s) and Agency Contact Information:
Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC): www.deac.org
State Approval and Contact Information:
The State Council of Higher Education of Virginia (SCHEV): www.schev.edu
National Council State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA): www.nc-sara.org. UMT has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements.
Information on NC-SARA states: www.nc-sara.org/sara-states-institutions
UMT only enrolls students who:
The following states are not members of NC-SARA and do not exempt online universities from state authorization requirements: California.
- Reside in a state that is a NC-SARA state, or
- Reside outside the United States, or
- Reside in a state that exempts online universities from state authorization requirements.
Specialized and Professional Accreditation for Degree programs in Project Management:
- Virginia residents and residents of those states that participate in National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements may file a formal complaint with the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) here.
- Students who reside in states that don’t participate in NC-SARA may choose to file a complaint with the appropriate authority in their state of residence. State Higher Education Executive Officers Association provides additional information regarding the complaint process and contacts here.
- Students may choose to file a complaint with UMT’s accrediting body Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), 1101 17th Street NW, Suite 808, Washington, DC 20036, Tel: (202) 234-5100.
Global Accreditation Center for the Project Management Institute: PMI GAC
Government Authorized Foreign Student Programs:
F-1 international student program by Citizenship and Immigration Services of U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and J-1 exchange visitor program by U.S. Department and States.
Participation in Funding Programs:
UMT Scholarship Programs:
- Federal Student Aid Program (Title IV Program)
- Various GI Bill® Programs (Chapter 30, 33, 35, etc.)
PMI Scholarship Programs:
- UMT Military Scholarship
- UMT First Responders Scholarship
- UMT Book Loan Program
- PMI Education Foundation-UMT Scholarship
- Selected UMT-PMI Chapters Scholarship
Strategic partner of:
- Institution member of Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA): www.chea.org
- Global Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) of Project Management Institute (PMI): www.pmi.org
Student Consumer Information: Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
Mission and Description
Institution Mission Statement:
Please see the UMT Mission Statement page.
Areas of Special Focus:
Comprehensive undergraduate and graduate degree programs in:
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- Engineering Management
- General Studies
- Health Administration
- Homeland Security
- Information Technology
- Management (project management, acquisition management, etc.)
- Public Administration
Description of Institution:
University of Management and Technology, UMT, a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral academic degree programs as well as professional development training courses.
Student Demographic Profile:
Working adults in management and technology careers in private industry, nonprofit and government agencies, and the military.
Please see the UMT Academic Programs pages.
Professional Development and Training Programs/Courses:
- Undergraduate: $390 per credit hour
- Graduate: $390 per credit hour
- DBA: $390 per credit hour
- UMT Military Scholarship which applies to active duty military personnel, spouses of active duty personnel, as well as honorably discharged veterans, current and past reservists, national guard, and coast guard. Note: There is no military scholarship applicable to the DBA program.
- UMT First Responder Scholarship which applies to federal, state, and local police officers, paramedics, emergency medical services personnel, and firefighters Note: There is no first responder scholarship applicable to the DBA program.
- $390 for 15 PDU courses
- $780 for 30 PDU courses.
DEAC Student Achievement Disclosure for the Public
FY2016 3-Year official cohort default rate: 1.6%. For more information on UMT's default rate and loan repayment data, see the NSLDS data here by entering UMT's OPE-ID (041103).
Percentage of Students Surveyed (2019) Who Responded that they:
PMI GAC Accredited Degree Programs: Student Achievement Data
- Achieved their learning goals? 98%
- Would recommend the institution to a friend? 98%
- Overall satisfaction: 99%
Student body diversity is calculated and provided to the National Center for Education Statistics and published annually on College Navigator .
| Contact Us |
Copyright © 1998-2021 University of Management and Technology (UMT) |
Consumer Information Disclosure