|Managing Risk in Organizations |
Managing Risk in Organizations offers a proven framework for handling risks across all types of organizations. In this comprehensive resource, David Frame - a leading expert in risk management - examines the risks routinely encountered in business, offers prescriptions to assess the effects of various risks, and shows how to develop effective strategies to cope with risks. In addition, the book is filled with practical tools and techniques used by professional risk practitioners that can be readily applied by project managers, financial managers, and any manager or consultant who deals with risk within an organization. Managing Risk in Organizations is filled with illustrative case studies and
This much-needed book will enable organizations to take risk seriously and act proactively.
- Outlines the various types of risk—pure, operational, project, technical, business, and political
- Reveals what risk management can and cannot accomplish
- Shows how to organize risk management efforts to conduct risk assessments, manage crises, and recover from disasters
- Includes a systematic risk management process, risk management planning, risk identification, qualitative impact analysis, quantitative impact analysis, risk response planning, and monitoring control
- Provides quantitative and qualitative tools to identify and handle risks
J. Davidson Frame
Dr. Frame is Academic Dean of UMT, and one of the world's leading authorities on project management. He has written a number of books on risk management and technology management including: Managing Projects in Organizations , The New Project Management , Project Management Competence , and Project Finance: Tools and Techniques . Dr. Frame was Professor of Management Science at the George Washington University, where he served on the faculty from 1979-1998. In 1990-1996, he headed the certification program for the Project Management Institute (PMI). In 1997-1998, he was PMI's Director of Education Services. In 1999-2002, he served on PMI's Board of Directors.
How to Obtain this Book
- Hardcover: 256 pages; Dimensions (in inches): 0.91 x 9.31 x 6.32
- Publisher: Jossey-Bass; ISBN: 0787965189; 1st edition (July 2003)
Amazon Barnes & Noble