| Military Scholarships |
UMT Military Scholarship for Active Duty Military, National Guard, Reserves, Veterans, and Active Duty Military Spouses
UMT offers a Military Scholarship Program for eligible, active duty military, serving in the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, National Guard, and Reserves. Military Veterans are also eligible for the UMT Military Scholarship. As of December 19, 2005, UMT extended its Military Scholarship program to include spouses of active duty personnel.
The UMT Military Scholarship awards tuition assistance of 35% of the costs, reducing the cost per academic credit-hour from $390 to $250.
To receive this scholarship, applicants must:
- Complete the UMT Application. The $30 application fee is waived.
- Provide proof of eligibility:
- Veterans must a Submit DD-214 or DD-295 form showing that they are honorably discharged.
- Active Duty servicemembers must provide signed TA forms; or, if not using TA, proof of Active Duty status.
- Spouses must submit documents showing that they are an Active Duty spouse.
- Enroll in two or more academic courses per enrollment.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00 (undergraduate) or 3.0 (graduate).
UMT Book Loan Program
Active Duty military personnel receiving the UMT Military Scholarship may qualify to borrow books from UMT at no cost as long as the student is not receiving additional government funding that covers the cost of books (Pell Grants, Post 9/11 stipends, etc.) The books must be returned at the student�s expense. This program provides textbooks at no cost. Students interested in receiving this loan must write to UMT, explaining their needs.