|Faculty Applications |
| || UMT faculty are selected according to merit, with careful consideration being given to avoid bias in hiring. UMT complies fully with the spirit and letter of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) law. Open positions for full-time faculty will be advertised in the appropriate places (e.g., Chronicle of Higher Education, national periodicals, such as The New York Times or The Washington Post, and the UMT website). |
| Criteria for hiring full-time faculty include: |
- Appropriate academic qualifications: To teach at the graduate level, faculty members must posses a terminal degree (e.g., Ph.D., DBA, etc.) in an appropriate content area; to teach at the undergraduate level, the faculty member must possess at least a master’s degree in an appropriate content area. Outstanding professional experience may be considered as a substitute for advanced degrees in exceptional circumstances.
- Demonstrated teaching ability, evidenced by previous teaching experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in the teaching areas for which they are being hired.
- Demonstrated research capabilities, evidenced by a history of conference presentations, published proceedings and published articles.
- Desire to serve the University and its students, as demonstrated in a willingness to participate in academic advising and university committee service.
| The ultimate hiring decision will be made by the Academic Dean. Typically, appointments will be made by means of renewable contracts. |
| Open positions for adjunct faculty will be advertised in the appropriate places. In addition, potential faculty with a good reputation in their field will be contacted directly. |
| The same general selection criteria apply to adjunct faculty as full-time faculty. Appointments are made on an as-needed, course-by-course basis. |
| Unsolicited resumes and CVs will be kept on file for six months. However, it is the responsibility of the interested applicant to monitor the UMT website and other places for openings. |
| Please email your Resume/CV and Cover Letter to: UMT HR |